Mobile Device Manager
Here at the School of Medicine, our IT teams strive to keep our environment as secure as possible. As new threats and external factors like global Pandemics force us to change course and adapt. As part of these changes, the School of Medicine IT team will be introducing Mobile Device Management and expanded Multi-Factor Authentication to secure our data.
- Phase 1A, May 27th @ 8 AM, All Office staff, leadership, and other non-provider staff
- Phase 1B, June 2nd @8 AM, All Providers
- Phase 2A, June 16th @ 8 AM, Education (including medsch students)
- Phase 2B, June 23rd @ 8 AM, Finance and Administration
- Phase 2C, July 8th @ 8 AM, SOM Executive Leadership
- Phase 3A, July 15th @ 8 AM
Instructions and Videos
|Apple iOS Instructional Video||Link|
|Android Instructional Video||Link|
Introduction to Android work profile
Frequently Asked Questions
What Mobile Device Management?
Mobile device management (MDM) is software that allows IT, administrators, to control, secure, and enforce policies on smartphones, tablets, and other endpoints. MDM intends to optimize the functionality and security of mobile devices within the enterprise while simultaneously protecting the corporate network.
What does this mean for you?
To access company resources on a personally owned device, you will be required to install an Agent/App on this device(Laptop, Desktop, Mobile devices, Tablet, etc.)
What about my Privacy?
Be assured we take this seriously. We have worked with our Internal Security and Compliance Team to ensure every measure has been taken to limited what data we can and cannot see within our MDM application. Below is a link with more details.
What we cannot see?
- Calling and web browsing history
- Email and text messages
- Pictures, including what's in the Photos app or camera roll
- For devices with a work profile, the applications, and data in your personal profile.
What if I don't want to install this software?
All this means is you will need to use web-based access, Remote Desktop (aka VDI), or company-owned workstations from an approved location to access company data(Email, OneDrive, Teams, etc...)